Outpatient Therapy Services
Every day there are families in our community struggling with their child's mental health disorder or serious behavioral concerns. Although our society is more educated today about mental health issues than ever before, the stigma of having a diagnosis still exists. This stigma often keeps parents silent about their child's struggles.
At the Achievement Center, our experienced staff provide support to children and families struggling with mental health concerns. We offer a variety of mental health services to help families build strong relationships and equip them with skills to better manage their child's behaviors. Listening to each family's concerns and helping them problem solve together, helps to create more open communication and builds a stronger foundation for their success.
Outpatient Services include:
- Traditional Outpatient Therapy - Supporting mental health needs through individual, group and family therapy.
- ACTive Parenting Services - Treating children with significant behavior concerns using a two-fold approach that helps to improve the child's behaviors while supporting parents through the use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- Psychiatric Services - Our team provides evaluation, treatment planning and medication management. We collaborate with other partners involved in your treatment to deliver the best possible care.
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) - Empowering parents of children with serious emotional and behavioral concerns, to make changes that improve their relationship with their child and the overall family dynamic.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) - Learning to manage thoughts, feelings and behaviors as they relate to a traumatic experience.
- Play Therapy - Supporting children with a wide range of mental health needs who are unable to express their thoughts and feelings with words.
- SafeStart - Helping young children work through a traumatic experience so they can focus their energies on being a child.
If you are interested in starting Outpatient Mental Health Therapy Services please call our Intake and Client Services Department directly to pre-register at 814-459-2755 Ext. 1521.
Once you pre-register, you can attend any of our agency Call-Ahead Clinic days to start treatment.
Call-Ahead Clinic Days for 2018 are: Tuesdays 8am-12pm and Wednesdays 10:30am-2:30pm
You will need to bring the following items when attend our Call-Ahead Clinic for the first time:
- Insurance Card(s)
- Your child-- if he/she is 14 years old or older.
- Custody or Guardianship Paperwork (if applicable)
- Copay (if needed as stated in your coverage plan)
What to expect when you arrive at the Call-Ahead Clinic
- A friendly face ready to assist you with starting treatment.
- Families will sign in at the front desk and be asked to provide their Insurance card(s) and any other relevant paperwork for copying.
- Families will complete an Intake packet of necessary releases and policies.
- Families will be seen by a clinician. During this time, a Mental Health Assessment and treatment plan will be completed.
- Families will schedule all ongoing appointments with the Centralized Scheduler at the conclusion of their time with the clinician. Families will have the ability to choose a day/time that is convenient for them. *This time does not need to be the same as the clinic hours.